And there is so much anger in our world. To me, that suggests that there is a lot of fear in the world.
Bringing that back closer to home: These past few days for me have been filled with both, anger and fear. It's been a challenging couple of days, no doubt about it.
And then today I ran into this quote. For me, it helped to refocus the chaotic energy back towards me; my needs, my fears. It helped me to drop the anger that was pulling me into the silent darkness of self-pity. Bottom line is this: If those in my world are unable to work with me on my needs and fears when I communicate them, then that's their choice. I don't need to like it, but I also don't need to accept it either. I realized that I have a voice, even in anger/fear. It's not productive energy to fall into the fear/anger.
The quote inspired me to share. And so, I shared that second level of fear/anger. That in itself was scary and it was raw and real as I've ever been. Looking back, it was an empowering moment.
Bringing that back closer to home: These past few days for me have been filled with both, anger and fear. It's been a challenging couple of days, no doubt about it.
And then today I ran into this quote. For me, it helped to refocus the chaotic energy back towards me; my needs, my fears. It helped me to drop the anger that was pulling me into the silent darkness of self-pity. Bottom line is this: If those in my world are unable to work with me on my needs and fears when I communicate them, then that's their choice. I don't need to like it, but I also don't need to accept it either. I realized that I have a voice, even in anger/fear. It's not productive energy to fall into the fear/anger.
The quote inspired me to share. And so, I shared that second level of fear/anger. That in itself was scary and it was raw and real as I've ever been. Looking back, it was an empowering moment.
I shared that moment with BFF later today. Her surprise was evident given that she immediately replied with how proud she was of me for putting myself first (for onece) and really sharing (and not holding it all in and managing it alone).
Yes. I'm still very much a work-in-progress.
Moments feeling the anger and the fear.
Yes. I'm still very much a work-in-progress.
Moments feeling the anger and the fear.
Moments sharing why.

No comments:
Post a Comment