I have the best damn naturopathic doctor ever.
Of course, that suggests that I have a ton of experience with NDs and know that know what the hell I'm talking about. I don't. Honestly, she's the only ND I've ever seen.
That said, she IS an amazing person. She goes above-and-beyond all the time. She takes time out of her personal time to check in on her patients (well me, but I assume she does that for all her patients). She is thorough and easy to share all your health bits and pieces with. Yes, even the embarrassing ones.
This past Thursday, she helped me out of a pinch. (Sorry for the pun!) I emailed her, she called me and we talked about options. No charge, no expectation of anything, just a "I don't think you need xxx, but this might help."
And it did. And she, in the end, missed out on an appointment that would have generated some income for her.
I needed to do something to thank her. For this moment and for all the others she's done in the past. It's a small token, but it hit the mark.
And for some reason, my name wasn't signed to the card! The gift was completely a surprise AND it came anonymously to her. BANGARANG!
I have since emailed her to let her know that I am happy that she was surprised and that it's a small token of my appreciation for all the over-and-above she does for me.
And, I know those potted bulbs will bring her weeks of enjoyment to come. Perfect really.
Thank you Dr. Lisa Watson! You've been a life saver more than once.
Moments knowing that your surprise was well received.
Moments sharing your light and love with those that give it to others.

No comments:
Post a Comment