Today I picked up EQ from the airport. It's been far too long since I last saw him.
Typically I pick him up outside of the terminal doors, but today I arrived a touch earlier than I had expected and my last piece of information from him was that the custom's line was quite long. In a flash I decided to surprise him inside the terminal and I went to park the car.
Of course, finding an actual parking spot took me longer than I had anticipated. As time ticked away, I became anxious that I'd miss EQ inside the terminal. As I jogged into the building and down the escalator to the arrivals level, I still hadn't heard from him and I thought to myself "phew, I made it".
I entered into the arrivals area and my phone dinged at me. Of course it was EQ. I didn't even reach into my pocket for the phone, I simply scanned the arrival area a little harder. I was determined not to miss him! I scanned and scanned as again around the arrivals entrance. Just as I finished the second scan of the room, I saw him quickly heading toward door. He was just about the exit the building!
And so I ran, bouncing around the people in my way. I caught up to him from behind just as he exited the the terminal doors. I put my hand on his shoulder, he turned, dropped his bags and swooped me into his arms.
Now that is an exciting reunion!
We stood like that, in silence, arms wrapped around one another for what seemed like an eternity in a blink of an eye.
Sometimes, the universe is on my side. Today was one of those days. I am thankful I caught him and surprised him as I did.
Moments setting up a last minute surprise, even though tight for time.
Moments connecting "just in time".
No comments:
Post a Comment