Saturday, April 12, 2014

Moments D719: Bodum Coffee

Sometimes it's the smallest thing that brings a smile.  This morning I was up early so that I might have a good, long, productive study day.  Coffee was definitely needed.

And so, today was the first day I was able to try my new Bodum French press.  Ooooh coffee love!

This is not to say I haven't pressed my coffee before.  I most certainly have, but I have (and had) the cheaper knock-offs.  This latest cheap knock off was terrible at actually filtering out the coffee grounds and more often than not my cup of java had a present near the bottom.  I could never enjoy a full cup.

I tired of this, and so I found this beauty discounted on eBay.  It arrived on Friday.  TODAY I cracked it open and put her to use.

Heaven.

A full bodied and delightful right to the bottom of my mug.

Yes, sometimes it's worth spending a little more to get a much better quality product.  Lesson learned.

Oh - and I learned something else today, other than the fact that Bodum has other very cool coffee/tea related accessories - they have a sprouter! That too makes me smile.  I know Arizona would love one of those.  I may have to pick it up now as it's on sale!

The things you learn as you do a blog post.

Moments enjoy a clean cup of coffee.
Moments recognizing quality sometimes comes at a cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment