This is what her mother found:
It is a letter my friend had written to her dad when she was 11. It was found in her father's night stand. He had saved it there, close to him and obviously treasured, for over 30 years.
I was so very touched by her sharing this moment in her life. I immediately thought of the notes and poems I have written my own father over the years. I couldn't help but share the posting out loud with those in earshot of my office. The flood of emotion from each person listening was incredible.
Our AD shared that he too has saved all of his daughter's cards and notes. After a lengthy pause of reflection, he continued to share that he sometimes thought he was being silly saving these pieces, but now, having heard my friends story, he's decided to keep on saving these special moments from his daughter.
One man's death has touched many (as witnessed by the busy wake last night). Today, he's touched a few more well outside his circle. And, in the end, he's likely inspired a moment to be felt and shared many years from now when our AD's daughter finds, and realizes, just how much her words were treasured by her father.
Moments sharing intimate, emotional thoughts.
Moments knowing that share has inspired another intimate emotional moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment