Friday, November 1, 2013

Moments D557: Baby Brother Smiles

Today was my "little" brother's birthday. (Why the quotes?  Well, he may be my baby brother, but he's not so little!  I've always teased him that he could have shared some of his height with me!)  My moment comes from a brief phone call with him this evening.

I sent him a text early this morning wishing him a happy birthday.  His reply seemed a bit flat which had me sad that he wasn't feeling more excited and loved on his birthday.

After a busy day at work, and a fun evening out with Arizona & EQ to see Evil Dead - The Musical (SO MUCH FUN!), I called my baby brother to wish him happy birthday in person.

He sounded surprised to hear from me.  Good!  I could hear the smile in his voice.  Better!  He was in his truck on his way out for drinks with the boys.  AWESOME.

Even more surprisingly, we ended up talking the entire drive from his house to his friend's house.  The five minute chat I had expected turned into a deeper 15+ minute conversation filled with laughs.  It was really great to have the time to catch up with him and hear him smiling on the other end of the phone.

Moments to send birthday love.

Moments turned into sharing laughter and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment