Tonight I missed out on a work event so I could spend the evening with my niece and EQ. It was the first time my niece was able to meet EQ. We've rescheduled this dinner twice already from "Taco Tuesday" to this Wednesday. Unfortunately my girl, newly in university, has been busy with her schooling (I can relate and don't really miss that!), so while Taco Wednesday doesn't have as nice a ring, it was a most amazing evening and well worth missing a well received work event.
Honestly, who knew that Taco Wednesday could reveal so much about life lessons!
As the three of us sat at the dinner table, the subject of life (as big as that is) was tabled. Deep discussions ensued and I believe that for each of us we had a moment of revelation. We each shared a story that was deep and fraught with emotions (fears, disappointments and most importantly hope).
After dinner, with EQ & my niece deep in discussion, I made myself a little scarce and busied myself by cleaning up dinner. The two of them comfortably lingered at the dining room table, while I enjoyed being the proverbial fly on the wall. It made me very happy to listen in on their conversation and to realize that they were enjoying one another.
The best moment of the evening was while I was driving my niece home. Not five minutes in the car and she was telling me how much she liked EQ. How she enjoyed her conversation with him and how he made her think about things. She commented on how much fun he& I must have discussing things as he's very supportive and yet, at the same time, offers up other perspectives on things. She chatted for some time about how she enjoyed the conversation.
I kinda loved that.
Moments with family exploring life.
Moments seeing your niece as a beautiful, vibrant, strong young woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment