Tonight I had a hankering for Indian food and while I had a good chat with my ND about the best Indian restaurant in the area to order from, I actually ended up making dinner tonight.
Okay, that's not entirely true. I had some butter chicken with chickpeas that I made up awhile ago and froze the leftovers. After thawing the main course out, I propped it up a bit by adding more sauce and some paneer to the mix and let it come to a simmer as I made some raita and kachumber as sides. EQ watched the basmati rice and by the time I was done making the sides we were ready for dinner.
And I was drooling! Seriously. Perhaps that's TMI, but I was hungry and I was about to enjoy a meal that I knew I'd love.
EQ, on the other hand was feeling tentative about the meal. I had no idea.
Just after digging in, I asked EQ how the meal was. (Every chef wants to know if their offerings were enjoyable!) His answer surprised me. "It's good. Much better than I expected."
Huh?
So I dug into that a bit. Seems EQ was pretty certain that he wasn't going to enjoy my butter chicken, that it would be okay, but not something enjoyable. I felt badly! I was so excited at the prospect of this meal that I hadn't stop to think that maybe it was something that would be outside EQ's comfort zone. After all, I know he's had curries before!
And then the strangest thing happened. EQ wanted seconds. He rarely does seconds. Bangarang!
Now that was an awesome moment.
Moments sharing my love of food with the one I love.
Moments where they joyfully connect.
No comments:
Post a Comment