As I near the next chapter in my my new novel, I find myself making lists of lists to make sure I don't forget anything. Ever since the big shift in June, I haven't really been paying close attention to the details, I haven't really had to. But now, as things become ever more deep, it's time to really clean things up and prepare for this next chapter. Why? Because it's a big important chapter and much is changing.
Today I took some time to dig a little deeper into a post separation finances. Check. All cleaned up and ready to talk to my CFP about better diversification now that I have all the information sorted out.
Today I took some time to set up a checklist for my coming trip. You know. What do I need to pack. What do I need to wash. Which hat. Do I need sunscreen? Should I bring my tablet or just my laptop. Do I have enough supplements? It's a simple way of getting the chorus of things out of my head so I can better focus on the other lists that are more pressing in the short term.
Like making sure I have detailed out information for my kitty sitters. Oh. Right. Not so short term.
Okay, how about my checklist for Christmas gifts for my immediate family as I won't be spending Christmas at home with them. No? Still not short term enough?
Well fine then! How about a checklist of what to buy for my girls night in this coming weekend and a checklist of small things that I need to get done before they all show up? Yes, that's definitely more short term.
Today I also made a checklist of thoughts and ideas that needed to be shared with a friend of mine. It was one of the most challenging lists I've made in a long time because, sadly, it was filled with points of grief, frustration and disappointment. Yes, that's definitely a list that was long over due.
But at the end of the day, I feel more organized. I feel a little less burdened by the weight of things bearing down on me because I have sorted through it and know that piece by piece, bit by bit, I will check things off my lists.
And before you know it I'll be enjoying a cocktail on a cruise ship looking back smiling at all that I managed to get done in short order.
Oooooh how I love lists. Strange, perhaps. But, there's no denying their effectiveness!
Moments pausing to sort through the hum in my head.
Moments knowing that the future is mine to mould.
No comments:
Post a Comment