Today was a very lazy start to the day, but given my cold it needed to be so that EQ & I could keep our date with Bunny & Bear this evening. Thank goodness for that because it was the first meeting between my love and my friends and what fun we had!
Not everyone knows this, but EQ is actually pretty darn shy. It's interesting because he's quite comfortable teaching in front of a room full of strangers, but one-on-one in a more intimate setting, not so much. I know he was a wee nervous tonight as it was a first date with new friends.
Today's moment happened almost the instant that Bear opened his front door. The first thing that we experienced when we entered their home was the delicious aroma wafting to their front door from the kitchen! Divine! We immediately knew we were going to love the Southern fare that Bear had been preparing all day. Just as quickly as our noses were taunted, we were briskly enveloped into hugs. EQ remarked how all my friends are "huggers" and how much he liked that. The ice was broken!
With a drink swiftly placed in our hands, we sat to chat before digging into dinner. Bear and EQ quickly fell into conversations about work (technology geeks!) and Bunny & I just laughed and smiled at each other knowingly. So much so, that at dinner Bunny & I rearranged our seating so they could sit side-by-side. It was intense! The Southern fare (pulled pork, collard greens, mac & cheese, baked beans, corn bread) was delicious (as expected), but it was the conversation and laughter that I really loved.
It's great to see EQ fitting in so well with my friends. It's also so wonderful to see how well my friends are receiving him into their world. The excitement, the positive energy. It's all so tangible and frankly, pretty incredible.
Of course, I have awesome friends.
AND
Of course, I have an awesome man that I love.
I shouldn't be so surprised that they mix well, should I?
Yes - I'm still learning.
Moments anticipating a meeting.
Moments enjoying tasty Southern food and watching new friendships form.
No comments:
Post a Comment