Monday, November 18, 2013

Moments D574: Teacups and Poppies

Today on my drive into work I saw a very tall, thickly built man walking in the opposite direction.  Not really anything interesting, afterall, it's rush hour and people are heading to work.

But, as I watched, a flash of white caught my attention.  I watched as he delicately sipped from a blue floral, intricate china tea cup.  You know the kind, the ones with fancy handles and metallic rims.  How very strange to see, but it made me stop and smile.

And then, I watched him climb into a big 'ol white pickup truck that had a big, bright, red poppy attached to its grill.  So awesome!  That's one cool, I-know-who-I-am-and-what-I-like kind of person.  I chuckled at that visual and I loved sharing that moment with him.

It was a great start to my day!

Moments being caught by surprise by complete strangers.

Moments appreciating someone else's morning ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment