After a day of volleyball, EQ and I headed into the Niagara region to spend the rest of the weekend with family. Tonight was an anticipated evening, one where he would finally be able to spend some extended quality time with my "Big Sis" and her family.
The first part of our night was spent just the four of us. Shortly into dinner Big Sis' youngest daughter and her friend joined us. The atmosphere was light and jubilant with much laughter.
As the evening wore on and the kids disappeared, the adults settled in with another glass of wine and later some Jack. The conversation, inevitably, dug in a little deeper. What was incredible, and the moment I want to share, is even though some of the subjects that we dug into were serious and deep, everything was coming from a place of love and support. Serious questions were asked with a humourous tone. Family history and secrets were shared with twinkling eyes. With every turn in the conversation, I could see the relationship between EQ, Big Sis and her husband being built. At times I found myself simply sitting back and watching it form.
What was most incredible was watching my Big Sis' openness. She was open enough to go deep tonight and as the evening came to a close, I realized with a certain confidence that Bis Sis and her hubby were really enjoying EQ's company. Tonight, I watched them fall a little in love with him. A beautiful moment indeed and one that I can see happening again over the months to come. A heart warming, soul fulfilling moment.
Moments digging deeper with family.
Moments building new family relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment