Today I brought home a new family member.

She’s only 8 weeks old. She’s sweet, she’s cuddly and she is very curious about her new world she finds herself in. Oh, and she's polydactyl.
I named her Ma-Ku. Ma-Ku is a Chinese goddess personifying the goodness in all people. Ma-Ku also means spring and longevity.
Spring is one of my favourite seasons. When the world begins to shake off its winter slumber. It smells fresh. It’s when the sun begins to tease the bulbs to bloom and their blossoms track its warmth. When the trees suddenly shift from brown to bright green and they are filled with the sounds of birds cheering on the dawn. I love spring. The sights, the sounds the smells.
I love to find the goodness in all people. Yes. All people. Challenging? Definitely. But, it is important to me to do so.
And hey, who doesn’t want longevity? Longevity in love, in career, in friendship, in life.
Welcome Ma-Ku. Welcome home.

Moments with a new family member.
Moments finding a name that fits.
No comments:
Post a Comment