Saturday, February 2, 2013

Moments D284: Soaking in the sun and the winds of change

Today we enjoyed a day by the pool, but in the sand. Yes, our resort has a man-made beach! Drinks from Jay the ever attentive bartender, pizza lunch on the beach. A perfect day out enjoying some tunes and each other.


The best part of the day was late in the afternoon. It was just my uncle and I left soaking up the sun as the girls bailed on us. We continued to soak in the last of the day’s rays in complete silence. How zen it was! It was in these last quiet moments that I found a deep sense of quiet & relaxation. It was incredible. No distractions, just me, myself and I, enjoying the heat of the sun.

In those last moments of the day I thought about many things. From a brief overview of my last year of change and growth to a more in depth processing of next steps looking forward. I feel a great change coming. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it is coming. The question becomes: Am I ready for it?

Yes. I think I am. There’s no reason to simply be comfortable. Change makes us uncomfortable. But I think, I’m ready for that stir up. My new year’s resolution: To be more true to self. and not fear change.

Moments in the quiet.

Moments with one’s thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment