Saturday, February 9, 2013

Moments D291: Snow Angels

Today was a study day. My cold, getting better. I'm still coughing,but not nearly as much or as often. That’s a win in itself!

Studying went. Not to bad at all actually. My mind was more clear. Phew. I needed that. Here’s hoping tomorrow will be as productive and the information will stick in my brain.

But today’s moment was celebrating the snow. My apartment gets very, VERY hot. That’s because the basement apartment in my triplex gets very, VERY cold if the heat isn’t turned up higher than normal. To counter-act this heat (and I actually hate to be warm in the winter - after all it’s winter and I WANT to wear my sweaters and fuzzy socks and curl up on a blanket!) I open a window in nearly every room.

This morning as I started my studies, my first floor neighbour and her very adorable 7 year old daughter were outside shovelling the side walk. This was what I overheard through the open window:

“Mommy, I love the snow today……Mommy, I think there is more snow today…….Mommy look at my beautiful snow angel…………..Oh Mommy, I LOVE the snow today.”

How can you not just ooze with love and smiles after hearing that?

I won’t lie, I’m a wee bit jealous that I’m not out there enjoying the snow too. I love shovelling. But not with this cough!

I loved the snow today too - but from the 2nd floor. Watching it sparkle in the sunlight - that was quite lovely.

Moments overhearing joy & happiness and soaking it in.

Moments to pause and enjoy the beauty of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment