I know. I know. Strange bedfellows, but what can I say? Today my cold broke free of me. I had a full on fever by mid-morning. It’s a good thing my pounding head convinced me to stay home again from work. A fever is nothing to mess with! And of course tonight was my first test of the semester too. Talk about a day!
I slept, I worked from home in my pjs (again - I tell you, I could get used to that!) and then I slept some more. The fever finally broke and I figured it was a good time to brush up on my studies and dive into the test.
But today’s moment isn’t about the cold or the test - it’s about the love that I felt from my circles. Those close to me, those afar, those nearest and dearest and new friends. The love, the support, the well wishes.
It’s just a cold. But I know I am missed in the office.
It’s just a test. But I know that my friends (and family) want me to succeed. (Maybe that’s because they know me well enough to know that I won’t be happy with anything but success!)
Sometimes, it’s just a nice warm blanket of comfort knowing that there are people who really care about you. I’m fortunate, that circle is wide, and its depth great. So today - thank you to my peeps. For the surprise smiles, for the silly suggestions, for the rants about Angelica and raw sugar.
Moments for many smiles, from many directions on a tough day physically and intellectually.
No comments:
Post a Comment