Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Moments D302: Worry & Calm

I'm a worrier. I know it isn’t a healthy thing to do and it is something that I’m trying to learn to curb.

Today, I worried. A lot. I had an opportunity to share my concerns with a few of people tonight and I gratefully received three very different perspectives on the same issue.

And all three said “Don’t worry about it - you can’t control anything but your own actions.”

Interesting. AND TRUE.

Sometimes I think I just need someone else to remind me of this simple fact. To remind me that even if my worry is warranted, I can only control what I have control of. All other things don’t matter.

And deep tidbit comes from a most trusted source. Of course she’s absolutely correct. But, I feel better having dissected all the possibilities as well. Now that I better understand the situation, I have a sense of calm. It will be what it will be. I can, and I will accept that.

Moments understanding why the worry.

Moments accepting the calm.

1 comment: