Well, now. Driving. I love to drive. I admit, I really love to drive. And yes, speed is something I enjoy.
Typically, I try to behave and not speed all the time and I’m certainly not reckless with my speed. But sometimes, sometimes it feels great to really enjoy going fast!
With that in mind…..
I had a four hour road trip to Haliburton today. A beautiful bright sunny winter day. PERFECT for driving. I was singing along to my tunes and enjoying the moments.
Except the moment where this one van was riding my tail closely. I guess going 100km in an 80km zone wasn’t fast enough for him. Shortly thereafter, the one lane highway split into two. What happened next was comical. It’s, by far, my moment of the day. I know most might be upset by having been pulled over and given a ticket, but no, not I. I speed a lot. I was due. It’s just the way it goes. But the story behind it? Priceless!
I was feeling a little annoyed by this van driver and I didn’t particularly want to let him pass me. So I sped up in the split highway and took the fast lane instead. Had I stayed in the right lane and let the van pass me, wouldn’t have ended up with the ticket. That’s just the tip of the iceberg!!
As I rounded a corner, there was a black SUV in the fast lane. It was going slower than I was in the fast lane (with the fast van behind me) - so I switched back into the slow lane to pass the slower black SUV and to my dismay it was an undercover OPP vehicle! SNAP! He was on me in 30 seconds with lights on. Huh. The speedy van behind me? Zipped by without another thought.
How can you not laugh at that? My moment of weakness (of being stubborn and not letting the van go by) turned into a moment with an OPP officer. By the time Constable Johnston made his way over to my window, I had all my paperwork ready for him and I apologized. I was caught red-handed! Not much I can do otherwise. Within a few minutes I was on my way with a $140 ticket.
And I was laughing. Silly me. Caught up in the speed. I should have let the van go.
Live and learn and laugh about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment