Today I had an epiphany and it is the moment I want to share with you.
Some people just don’t have the ability to fully trust another. I think I’ve always, on some level, known that we’re all different in who we trust and how we might trust others in our lives. After today I’m beginning to wonder if there isn’t a small group of people that really are unable to trust. Period.
Of course there are! It’s absurd that I ever romanticised that we could all learn to trust given enough time and energy.
So then the question becomes how do I interact with people of that nature? How do you build a relationship with someone who does not trust? For me, I over compensate with information. That seems to help alleviate the anxieties of not trusting.
But there are moments that this annoys me. Surely, by now those in my circles know me well enough to trust me. Which circles me back to: never finding that trust.So it comes down to choice. I either stick with what (mostly) works, or I choose a different path. Perhaps it is time for change.
Moments of revelation.
No comments:
Post a Comment