Today was a bit of a frustrating day. First of all, I'm sick and coughing like I've smoked 2 packs a day for the past 20 years. (I have never been a smoker!) Second of all, my day consisted of meetings and waiting for IT to fix my computer issues. What this means? I wasn't nearly as productive as I like and need to be.
But, on some level, that’s okay. I realized this as 5pm drew near. I wasn’t feeling well. What a better way to deal with my afternoon than to slowly clean up my office. You know file away stuff that I haven’t had time to in many moons, dust off the back part of my desk. Walk around the office and check in on the team. Just the mundane stuff that I never seem to have the time for.
It was good to have had a slower afternoon and as I departed on time (for once in a dog’s age), I had to smile at the slowness. It’s okay. The work will still be there tomorrow.
Moments to appreciate a slow down.
Moments realizing that work isn't everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment