Thursday, July 26, 2012

Moments D93: Mom's Wish

Today it was calling for major thunderstorms to start early in the evening to last throughout the evening. Now, as much as I love storms, I had a baseball game at 6:45pm. My dear Mom knew this and about 5:30pm yesterday, just before I was to head out from work she sent me an instant message that simply said: ”No rain tonight”. We had a brief exchange and I was on my way to the field.

Amazingly the ominous storm clouds held their bounty. We played our full game and then the team went back to the sponsoring bar for food, drinks and great conversation. We sat on the patio. Again, the clouds held off their release. We were then charmed by a duet of live music. It wasn’t long before most of the team was singing alone.

So thanks Mom for whispering the words to the universe for me - for us. It was a great night of baseball, friends & fun.

Moments from Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment