Sunday, July 22, 2012

Moments D89: Mama Bear

Today’s moment was one of my “mama bear” moments.

If you don’t know what that “mama bear” moment is….it’s that moment where I can’t help but do what I can to take care of people. It’s where I go out of my way to support, feed, clothe someone.

Today, I did that for our baseball team….and it always feels good to offer up a serving of love (in this case in terms of entertainment and food!)

Unfortunately we lost our one game of the day today AND we missed out on the run differential to move into the semi-finals by 4 runs. Sadly, we didn’t know this right away and the team had to sit through another round of games before we would know we were moving on, or moving to the bar…..

So, in that hour and a bit….we lounged around behind one of the fields. Boring…sitting in the sun waiting. So I pulled out my volleyball and my frisbee. Frisbee was a hit! We played for quite some time before deciding we were hungry. With only 40 min left before we were to possibly play another game, there really wasn’t much time to go out and grab food. So, I pulled out my stash for the tournament. Cheese, chips and an apple. I managed to share quite a bit of my wares.

I do love to share.

Sadly - the wait, the snack, the entertainment was all for not…as we weren’t moving into the semis.

Okay - maybe not for not. We still enjoyed tossing the frisbee and eating cheese and chips together.

Moments of caring.

Moments of sharing.

Moments with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment