Today’s moment comes out of a darker place than is normal for me. Even though it was actually a good day in the end, it started with insights that I was not okay with.
As I’ve gone through many changes in the last 8 months and I’ve also had to deal with some interesting (and challenging) relationships along the way. Some new, some old. As I evolve, I wonder if and when I may need to shed more of my past life. Today, after the proverbial cat was “out of the bag” with a friend of mind, I realized I was angry. More angry than I thought I was. I wondered if I was out of line with this reaction…..
I’ve been fighting to reconcile emotions and thoughts on this particular situation for some time now. I was worried that I may be missing pieces that would clear the picture. I needed a third (and fourth) party perspective. And so, I leaned. I leaned on two incredible people in my life. One who has been a light in my life (during my darkest days) and another who brings me new and interesting perspectives in life that I find enlightening.
I wanted to know their perspective on this raging scenario. What did they see? How would they feel? Interestingly they were both on the same page. And while it brought me comfort, it also brought sadness.
But this entry isn’t about the dark side of this tale. This entry is about the moment when you lean on someone and they are there for you. They may point out your missteps but support you as you self-correct. It’s that special moment when you reach out to someone and they are there.
It is just another reason why surrounding yourself with the right souls is so very important. We all have moments where we need to lean. It’s not always easy to ask for help, but when you do and when someone is there to assist, that is one of the best moments one could ever ask for!
No comments:
Post a Comment