Day two of the tournament was a bit heartbreaking in terms of moving into playoffs. But just because we weren’t winning our games today didn’t mean that we weren’t having fun.
I’ve met some pretty incredible people this weekend and I love hearing new perspectives and sharing stories. From highly personal conversations about breakups to team sharing on skills and volleyball play tips. That’s one great overview moment.
Another was, that I was given a chance to hit in a couple of games. As a setter, hitting is rare. Everyone wants to hit. It’s the glory of beating the block, or rolling it into an open area and winning a point. Not only did I get a chance to hit, I hit, and I hit well. I didn’t realize it at the time, but one of our teammates was taking pictures during a game I hit. Some of those images are fantastic. Now, not only do I have my memory of that moment to bring a smile, but I have a photo too! (love my teammates!)
And one final moment to share. I gave in and had a BIG helping of poutine. So bad and yet so good. I figured: I had worked hard all weekend. I MUST have worked away those calories already - right?
Moments of conversation.
Moments of learning.
Moments of glory.
Moments of deliciousness!
No comments:
Post a Comment