Today has been a rough day. It was filled with heavy hearts all around as news broke late in the morning. Devastating news. A young, filled with life, well loved coworker had succumbed to injuries from an apartment fire the night before.
There was shock. Disbelief. And, of course, great sadness and many, many tears.
But the moment that shone through all this was one where I watched my fellow coworkers comfort one another. Shared stories and photos of the deceased fluttered throughout the store - it was heartwarming in a time of grief.
The best moment, however, was when I watched two long-term employees embrace one another. Within a couple of seconds, one backed up and looked at the other and said, "I love you, you know." The look on the recipient's face was of surprise, likely taken aback by the sharing of such special words. She quickly pulled him in for a tighter hug and returned the same special sentiment right back.
It was a beautiful moment shining through the deepest darkness.
Moments grieving a life lost.
Moments inspired by that life to celebrate love amoung friends and coworkers.
No comments:
Post a Comment