Sunday, March 30, 2014

Moments D706: Wind, Fire, Water, Sun


Last year for my birthday a group of friends and I headed to the Scandinave Spa.  Last year, I swore that I'd make it a new tradition.  I think my friends thought I was kidding.  Nope...not even a little bit.

Unfortunately not everyone could join me this year.  Life gets busy, lives are filled with other obligations and finances are sometimes tight.  That said, it was something that I really wanted to do for my birthday (again!) and I was going to go one way or another - even if it was going to be by myself, or maybe later on in April.

Out of nowhere, very last minute, Arizona decided that we should go.  For the day.  Drive up, spa for the day, have a nice dinner at Blue Mountain and then drive home.  

And so we did.

What a treat!  It was an entire day focused just on the two of us.  A two hour drive to the spa on the first spring-like day we've had.  A beautiful start to a beautiful day.

We spent the entire day appreciating the spa's amenities.  The hot tubs, the steam room (still my favourite!), the sauna, less so the cold plunge pools (even if they do come in handy when you are very over heated!), and the sitting areas, which, is where today's moment found me.

After a good long soak in the hot tub with a waterfall, Arizona & I went and sat by an outdoor fire.  Our bodies steaming in the 4C degree air, we wrapped ourselves in our towels and sat in the Muskoka chairs in front of a big wrought iron pyramidal fire pit.    I closed my eyes, breathed deeply and slowly and soaked in my surroundings.

I could hear the slow fall of the waterfalls, just to my left.
I could hear the crackling fire just in front of me.
I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face, and the heat from the fire at my bare feet.
I could feel the wind whispering through my hair and encircling my body.

And I couldn't have been more at peace.  So quiet - within and without.

Yes, this is a good new tradition.  Here's hoping I can make another visit this year.  Perhaps a girlie outing in celebration of friendship and love.

Moments enjoying a new tradition with a beautiful friend.

Moments realizing that all the peace needed can be found by closing your eyes and breathing it in.

p.s.  Yes, Pearl joined us at the spa too!

No comments:

Post a Comment