Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Moments D681: Insights to a man's world

After a very long day and a seemingly endless class, I had had enough of my day.  Not that it wasn't productive, or offering up inspiring moments or an opportunity for self-reflection.  No no.  It was full of these things.  As you can imagine, but the end of this kind of day, I found myself drained.

As tired as I was, as defeated as I felt, I had plans after class and I wasn't going to skip out.  First and foremost, it's Comic Guy's birthday early next week and EQ and I are going to be away.  Secondly, I really, really needed a few extra hugs.

And so, I made my way, after class to met up with EQ, Comic Guy and Archie.  After a tour of Archie's new office, we made our way to the local hotel bar for shared conversation and a beverage.  Before I knew it, today's moment found me as I realized I was in the middle of a male discussion on shaving practices.

Yes, that's right.  Shaving one's face.  Doh!  I couldn't really join in on that discussion.  It was highly amusing to listen to the three of them discuss the merits of their shaving practices.  Shaving cream or not.  Soap or not.  Hot water versus warm.  How to get the closest shave. And so on.

I felt like I was eavesdropping in on a locker room conversation, right at the table in the bar and I couldn't help but smile.  (After all, I don't shave my face, so I really had nothing to contribute to the conversation.  All I could do was listen & learn!)

Moments re-connecting with friends.

Moments realizing you are in the middle of a gender specific conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment