Today is Oscar night. Not typically a big night for me. I know, however, that it is for many as they anticipate the "best of..." for the year. After yesterday's eye-opening moment, it got me to thinking about waiting for answers. (Can you imagine sitting in the audience, waiting for the announcement of your name.....or not?)
Waiting for an announcement.Waiting for results. Waiting for answers.Waiting on someone else for something you need.
From the big moments to the small ones, how incredibly challenging waiting can be. I think of those sitting in the waiting rooms of hospitals waiting for their loved ones to come out of surgery, waiting for answers. I think of the students waiting for the results from their recent midterms and the anxiety that goes with that wait. I think of those waiting for the call back to a new job or simply waiting at your doctor's office. Never mind someone waiting for the announcement of the biggest prize or accolade of their life's works.
The anxiety. The anticipation.
It's no wonder I don't like waiting rooms! Today I realized, however, that sometimes waiting isn't such a terrible thing. I don't know my midterm mark yet and that's okay, it's not like it's as high on my priority list as it once was. Sometimes waiting is a good thing. Sometimes feeling that anxiety, flipping through the possibilities in your mind is a healthy feeling because when the answer is finally revealed, it's not such a surprise and, on some level, you can live the fantasy of landing that perfect mark.
Today's moment: a better understanding that waiting isn't so bad after all.
Moments waiting.
Moments just before the answers are revealed. It's like the calm before the storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment