Thursday, March 6, 2014

Moments D682: New Teammates

It's Thursday.  It's volleyball night.  As I drove to my set of games tonight, I was a touch nervous as we've mixed up the ladies into four new teams.  Tonight was my first night with my new volleyball teammates and there were quite a few of them I've never played with before.  What to expect?

Tonight ended up being a pretty spectacular round of games.  Sure, we actually won every game we played, but that's not why it was a spectacular night.  No, it's because I'm in like with my new teammates.  These ladies communicate well, we manage to play competitively without losing sight of the goal - to have fun.  It was also quite a confidence builder to be on a team that was happily surprised that I could play any position they needed me in, including setting.  I even set a game - a first in this league.

Yes a fun, easy evening of volleyball.  Perfect.

Moments anticipating the energy of a new team.

Moments enjoying the tightness of the teamwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment