Thursday, March 27, 2014

Moments D703: Pearl

Tonight I went to visit BFF after volleyball  It's been far too long since her, but I was happy for a short visit (it being a "school" night after all!).  Sometimes a short visit is better than no visit at all!

What a fabulous short visit we had.  She shared her leftover dinner with me.  I know in some worlds that may seem odd, but BFF can cook and I was damn happy to have a late dinner of her leftovers!  Over dinner and a glass of wine, we caught up.  She dug into her bag of goodies from Jamaica with glee in her eyes.  I could see the recipes rolling around in her head as she pulled out the special ingredients that I brought back for her.  Bangarang!  That's what I love!

Before I share today's moment, I need to backup and explain that BFF & I love monkeys.  It all started with the lack of a "hug" emoticon in Google's Hangouts - we nominated the monkeys as our hug emoticon.

Back in December BFF had knee surgery.  I was in California.  Bad timing, I know.  I felt terrible to not be around to help out when/where I could.  And so, I sent her a hug, in the mail.  You guessed it, it was a monkey!

She named him Earl.

Tonight, Early gave me a birthday present.  He presented Pearl to me:

And now Earl as a friend!  Monkey hugs everywhere now!

Earl & Pearl.  BFFs.

Perfect right?

What a fabulous surprise.  Thank you Earl.  Thank you BFF.

Moments reconnecting and catching up.

Moments enjoying a lovely surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment