I am often surprised at things I see when I watch people passing. Sometimes I am amused. Sometimes I am disgusted. Sometimes I am intrigued. Sometimes, the most rare of times, I am inspired. A moment where I find I have a little more appreciation for people; in general and for those close to me.
Today I watched a young man, likely in his early 20's as I was on campus, be a perfect gentleman to his girlfriend. He opened the door for her before she walked through. As they entered the building, she paused in the entryway and started to remove her coat. He offered to take her purse (a large name brand bag) and helped her remove her coat. When she went to take her obviously heavy bag back, he shrugged, shook his head no and flashed a huge smile.
With a surprised look on her face she grabbed his hand and they started on their way Here was this young couple walking along with the young lady without her coat or bag and her boyfriend, wearing his winter jacket, carrying both her coat and her big bag.
It reminded me of my own gentleman at home. EQ is that kind of gentleman. At first it was strange for me to accept such lavish attentions, after all, I'm a strong independent woman.
But I cannot tell a lie, I love that he shows that respect and tenderness for me.
Moments appreciating young love with traditional the behaviour of gentleman showing respect for his partner in small mundane ways.
Moments appreciating that it feels incredible to receive (and share) that kind of respect with the one you love.
No comments:
Post a Comment