I've never blogged before. I've never really had time to share my thoughts with the world. But just a few weeks ago something inspired me to share my voice. It's a story of great customer service and I want to give a little love back to Anchor Hocking too!
Late in the summer my sister-in-law told me that she had found replacement lids for her Anchor Hocking glass storage bowls. Unfortunately, she found them in the states on a recent shopping trip and I wasn't planning on heading into the states anytime soon.
So I did a little research and found that Anchor Hocking actually sells the replacement lids online. Unfortunately, they don't ship into Canada. Well, I wasn't satisfied with that. I thought maybe they don't realize that there is a market just North of the border that also loves their products. I emailed their customer service to find out if they had any plans on into Canada in the near future. Alternatively, I was hoping they might be able to tell me where in Ontario I might be able to find replacement lids.
Unfortunately my first reply from Anchor Hocking wasn't very helpful. They weren't shipping to Canada (though they were considering doing so) and they weren't able to assist in locating a vendor selling replacement lids in the area. This isn't anything new. There are a lot of US retailers that simply don't want to get involved with the shipping into the Canadian marketplace. I get it. I was still bummed. That meant I would have to either keep the broken lids I had or go and buy new sets (bowls and lids). Neither really appealed to me, but sometimes that's just the way life works.
Two days later I received another email from Anchor Hocking. This time, they wanted to know which lids I needed and an address to send them to me complimentary. Yes - that's right - FOR FREE. I had to read the email three times before I really believed it. I sent them my wish list thinking that I might not ever see these lids arrive, but I might as well send them the information.
To my surprise, just yesterday I received the package of lids. Incredible. Now I can use my glass storage bowls again and don't have to replace the set. Best customer service. Ever.
I work in retail, in a world about the bottom line. This out-of-the-box customer service inspired me to share the story. Anchor Hocking has earned my time to share the story so others know just how incredible they are as a company.
I was a loyal customer before. Now I'm an advocate for them. All it took was a little out-of-the-box thinking and a small shipment of replacement lids.
No comments:
Post a Comment