Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Moments.


Today's smile....brought to you by a dear friend of mine.

He's going through troubled times at home.  His wife is ill.  His own health hasn't been 100% for some time.  He is brilliant.  He has this off the wall creative personality.  His energy abounds.  Nothing stops this man.

Today - we had a few bumps in our work day.  It was challenging.  It was demoralizing and defeating.  A loss of respect.  A loss of perspective.

He checked in on me a couple of times. Each time with warmth in his voice and arms open for a big 'ol bear hug.  He knows.  He just knows.  

This is what good friends bring.  Love and light in times of darkness and despair.  Today I needed a light.  He brought the light.  And for that I am thankful.  I am rich to have such friends in my circle.

And so today's moment:  A friend's understanding, light & love.  

I smile and laugh.  I am fortunate.  

A moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment